Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex to Undergo Expansion
Opened in 1988, the Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex was designed to serve 1,930 students. Today, it serves 2,500 students. In addition, student participation in club and intramural sports has skyrocketed, which means the Sports Complex needs more space and an upgrade in facilities.
To support this expansion, the College has launched a fundraising campaign to raise $7 million for the project.
THE CLARK CHALLENGE
Jim Clark '76 right, has announced a challenge to the Stonehill alumni community.
The goal of the challenge is to raise $250,000 by May 31, 2013.
And, because Jim Clark is so passionate about this project, he will personally match every dollar contributed by alumni up to a total of $250,000.
Please join Jim in supporting Stonehill with a gift for the expansion of the Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex. In doing so, you will help ensure that Stonehill will be able to deliver on its mission of educating the whole person for generations to come.
Click below to make a gift online. For more information, or to make a gift by mail, view the recent mailing sent to alumni here.
Make your gift today in support of the Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex Expansion.
A new addition to the Sports Complex will add 50,000 square feet for athletics, health, fitness and exercise. The three-story expansion will include:
- Locker rooms for 12 teams, as well as visiting intercollegiate athletic teams
- Three group exercise and dance rooms
- Weight and fitness rooms for community members and varsity student-athletes
- Enhanced space for athletic training and equipment
- Program offices for recreational sports and football as well as team meeting rooms
- A large multipurpose room that can serve a variety of campus groups
For additional information regarding the Sports Complex expansion, please contact the Office of Advancement at (508) 565-1341.