Become a Student-Athlete at Stonehill
Ready to Compete at the Varsity Level?
If you are interested in competing for Stonehill at the Division II varsity level, please complete the online varsity questionnaire on StonehillSkyhawks.com.
Once submitted, your information will be sent to the appropriate coach and will be entered into Stonehill's admissions database for future correspondence.
Our Athletic Mission
We aim to provide an athletic program of intercollegiate athletics that is consistent with and serves to promote the attainment of the College's educational mission; that achieves a level of success commensurate with the College's commitment to academic excellence; that encourages sportsmanship and teaches the lessons of self-discipline, sacrifice and persistence, and serves to compliment the student's academic training and moral and spiritual development.
Excellence in the Classroom
A recent comparison of the cumulative GPA of Stonehill's student-athlete population versus Stonehill's general population put our athletes' average GPA at 3.12 and the general student population's at 3.20. Fifty percent (10 of 20) of our athletic programs had a semester GPA of 3.20.
Each year Stonehill's Athletics Department recognizes academic excellence with these awards:
- Director of Athletics' Honor Roll. Awarded to those student-athletes who receive a 3.2 or better per semester. Awarded during both fall and spring semesters.
- Fred Petti Team Academic Award. Awarded to the athletic team with the highest GPA for fall and spring semester combine per academic year.
- Fred Petti Individual Academic Award. Awarded to one male and one female student-athlete with the highest GPA for fall and spring semester combined per academic year.
- Edward E. Martin Award. Awarded to one male and one female senior student-athlete who has demonstrated academic success and athletic achievement.
- Northeast-10 Scholar-Athlete Award. Awarded to one male and one female student-athlete throughout the conference who meets the selection criteria of academic performance, athletic performance and evidence of leadership.
- Northeast-10 Commissioner's Honor Roll. Awarded to those student-athletes who rank in the top 15% of all student-athletes in the conference.
For complete details about recent student-athlete award winners, please visit StonehillSkyhawks.com.