Community & Service
The idea of making the world a better place is an intrinsic part of the Stonehill experience. Stonehill recognizes our responsibility to address the needs of society and encourages our students to develop a connection to community and a commitment to service.
- Into the Streets, a student-run program, is Stonehill's largest community service effort.
- More than 600 students have traveled to sites from Honduras to the Gulf Coast on alternative spring break H.O.P.E. trips.
- Many of the clubs and organizations available to and run by current students are service-related.
- Students considering a year of volunteer service following graduation can contact the Office of Career Services to explore their options.
The Office of Community Based Learning, part of the Center for Teaching and Learning, establishes service-learning projects for students and conducts research that benefits local organizations and Stonehill's community.
- Stonehill now offers service opportunities in the Dominican Republic, India and Honduras through the International Extension Program.
For Community Organizations
- The Center for Nonprofit Management brings nonprofit and community leaders together for learning, skill-building, networking, and research.